Pet Meds without Vet Prescription: Types and Uses
There are many drugs able to treat, control and prevent diseases of cats, dogs and other pets. Some pet medications you can also buy online without a prescription and some drug are available only in vet clinics. So let’s try to figure out what pet meds without vet prescription you can legally buy online and what not. At first, figure out what the major types of pet meds are.
The most common pet medications:
- Traditional medicines – antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents;
- Special ointments and creams for the external use;
- Liquid administered to cats and dogs not wanting to take medication orally or in order to prevent dehydration in pets. Typically, these fluids are administered via injections;
- Vaccines used to protect animals from major infections. Veterinarian will give you all the information about vaccinations – these are pet meds you can’t buy online;
- Drugs to fight feline or dog parasites you can get anywhere, but in the veterinary center will provide you with the most modern of them;
- Special food additives – a designed mixture of various products that help in the treatment of many diseases;
- Supplemented homeopathic and herbal preparations.
Keep in mind that you can use and, logically, buy only some of these pet meds without vet prescription.
If a pet feels unwell and needs medical treatment, a veterinarian will prescribe a special course of pet medications. The therapy course may consist of a single drug or combination of drugs and other pills. Most often, treatment are given directly into the vet, and then you are given with required medicines, so you can continue the treatment at home.
A veterinarian will provide you with precise instructions about the time of reception and dose of drugs, with the same information will be clearly written on the labels of bottles with pet medication without vet prescription as well. Probably the most common medications for pets are considered antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs, but only a few pet owners (even those who themselves have taken antibiotics) know something about these medicines.
Now let’s check the pet meds without vet prescription available in some regular vet clinics and online.
Antibiotics for treating cats and dogs
Antibiotics are pet meds without vet prescription used to treat bacterial infections. They either kill bacteria that are sensitive to their action or prevent their proliferation. Special antibiotics are the most effective against certain types of bacteria, whereas broad-spectrum antibiotic effective against all kinds thereof. Antibiotics may be produced in the form of tablets, powders, capsules and injections; they may also include ointments, creams and other topical application formulations. You should be aware that the use of antibiotics at the wrong bacteria can learn to resist their action. In short, if your cat prescribed antibiotics, just follow the instructions on their use. It is important to complete the full course of medication, even if your cat is healthy in appearance already.
Anti-inflammatory drugs for pets
They are discharged against many diseases, and they are divided into the following categories:
- Corticosteroids. These drugs are often referred to simply as steroids. These are very powerful drugs having a wide range of applications, and they are even if they are taken in very small doses. Steroid pet meds without vet prescription are used in long-term inflammation. Steroids cause a certain number of side effects – like the mood changes and increased thirst due to excessive urine formation. Because of the numerous side effects of corticosteroids should be used in very small doses for a minimum period possible.
- Steroid based anti-inflammatory pet meds without vet prescription. These medications are often used to reduce the temperature and relieve pain. There are cases when the cat etched similar means, so that in any case do not give the animals their own drugs (Aspirin), without consulting with a veterinarian.
Availability of pet meds without vet prescription is strictly controlled by law. Most of the drugs that can be prescribed to animals must be licensed by the special governmental organizations. On top of the most powerful tools along with newly developed prescription only constant in vet clinics with registered customers. Some well-known and less powerful pet meds without vet prescription may be sold to individual customers and some meds – online. If you haven’t found required pet meds without vet prescription online it means they are probably restricted for free sale and you can get them only visiting a vet clinic.