Despite the huge variety of powerful prescription drugs for the improvement of sexual function in men, tablets for the treatment of erectile dysfunction based on medicinal herbs are very popular in the United States.
Natural drugs for erections improvement have a more versatile and gentle therapeutic effects than many prescription drugs. The advantages of herbal remedies include:
- greater availability,
- good tolerability,
- absence of complications,
- minimum adverse reactions,
- absence of contraindications,
- possibility of long-term use,
- affordable prices for the majority of men.
Herbal ingredients in phyto-drugs for erections improvement may enhance the effectiveness of other ingredients. They may also have an impact on the mechanisms, causing dysfunction of the sexual glands.
In addition, herbal drugs for the sexual function improvement in men are sold without a prescription and have a broad spectrum of action. These medications help:
- reduce sperm viscosity,
- stimulate spermatogenesis,
- enhance and restore erection,
- stimulate sexual desire,
- enhance sexual pleasure,
- increase the duration of sexual intercourse.
Natural drugs have such various effects on the male reproductive system, like: androgenic, tonic, stimulant, health-promoting, and anti-inflammatory.
Drugs, used in herbal therapy of male sexual dysfunction contain such natural ingredients, as: Ginkgo biloba, Tribulus terristeris, Asparagus racemosus, Myristica fragrans houtt, Turnera aphrodisiaca, Withania somnofera.
Despite the huge number of positive factors of herbal therapy, the use of natural products for the treatment of erectile dysfunction has a number of disadvantages. Disadvantages of drugs based on plant components are:
- long-term use required,
- difficulty of choosing the most suitable product,
- less effective as compared to prescription medications.
The most popular and effective herbs, which make part of drugs for male sexual function improvement, are the root of ginseng, yohimbine and arginine.
Drugs containing ginseng root extract are the most effective herbal remedies for improving the erections in men. This plant has a high clinical efficacy, which is proved by the results of several independent laboratory tests.
Ginseng root is a donor of nitric oxide, which plays an important role in causing an erection. Drugs, containing this herb extract, have a combined effect:
- normalize hormone levels, required for maintaining male sexual health;
- contribute to improving the quality, intensity, hardness and duration of erections;
- activate male sexual function and help restore sexual potency;
- help reduce the stress and anxiety in men, caused by fear of sexual failure.
Another natural ingredient, yohimbine, has been used to improve male sexual function long before the advent of such prescription drugs, as Viagra, Levitra or Cialis. It activates the autonomic centers of the spinal cord that are responsible for ejaculation and erection, as well as:
- regulates the potency,
- has antidiuretic action,
- improves blood circulation in the genital organs,
- reduces anxiety and fear of failure during an intercourse.
Yohimbine-containing drugs are often prescribed to men with psychogenic sexual dysfunction, caused by such factors, as stress, anxiety, neurasthenia, and hysterical disorders.
Yohimbine acts on receptors in the brain, so it may cause mild transient adverse reactions, including tremor, arrhythmia, hypertension, and irritability.
Another highly effective component of natural products for the normalization of erectile function is Arginine. It has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, nootropic and vasoactive effects.
This conditionally essential amino acid:
- slows down the development of tumors of the genitourinary system,
- helps improve erectile function in men,
- improves blood circulation in the body,
- reduces the risk of cardiovascular and endocrine disorders.
Arginine reduces the growth of pathogenic microflora of the urogenital organs, thus preventing infections. Arginine-containing plant-based drugs are often prescribed to men with erectile dysfunction, caused by any infectious disease, including:
The efficacy of natural products for the treatment of male androgenic disorders based on natural components depends on the right mix of ingredients.
Natural medications for the improvement of sexual function in men have a high safety profile, so you can use them for a long time. They rarely cause adverse reactions and have no contraindications.
Thus, herbal medicine is not only effective, but also the safest method of prevention and treatment of various pathologies of the male reproductive system, including the erectile dysfunction.